Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Inc. (ACD) is a leader in the field of molecular pathology and tissue-based diagnostics. Our core RNAscope® technology is the world’s first multiplex fluorescent and chromogenic in situ hybridization platform capable of detecting and quantifying RNA biomarkers in situ at single molecule sensitivity. RNAscope is an ideal platform for developing next-generation tissue-based molecular diagnostics. We are committed to continued innovation to bridge the gap between basic research and clinical medicine to fulfill the promise of personalized medicine.
We are looking for a scientist trained in molecular biology, bioinformatics or a related field with experience in biological sequence analysis to join our probe design team. You will be responsible for the design and management of RNAscope probes.
- PhD or MS with 3+ years of research experience in molecular biology, bioinformatics or a closely related field
- In-depth knowledge of genes and sequences and related public databases
- Strong familiarity with commonly used biological databases and bioinformatics software tools
- Experience in biological sequence analysis tasks such as database searches and multiple sequence alignment
- Familiarity with relational databases and scripting languages preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design RNAscope probes for target sequences using proprietary software
- Manage probe data for internal and external distributions
- Maintain the server and software
- Collaborate with R&D scientists on technology development
- Provide technical support to customers and sales team on probe design