Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Inc. (ACD) is a leader in the field of molecular pathology and tissue-based diagnostics. Our core RNAscope® technology is the world’s first multiplex fluorescent and chromogenic in situ hybridization platform capable of detecting and quantifying RNA biomarkers in situ at single molecule sensitivity. RNAscope® is an ideal platform for developing the next generation of tissue-based companion diagnostics. With recently developed BaseScope™, genetic alterations such as point mutations and alternative splicing can be evaluated within the tissue morphological context. We are committed to continued innovation to bridge the gap between basic research and clinical medicine to fulfill the promise of personalized medicine.
The Associate Scientist of Application Development, R&D, is a member of multifunctional team to support dynamic research projects, reporting to a Senior Scientist. The individual will be deeply involved in internal research projects, especially in the application fields of Oncology and Immuno-Oncology by applying RNAscope and BaseScope assays. Additional projects may include supports for external collaborations and customer relations. S/he is expected to be hands-on for conducting experiments and communicating the data.
- A BS or MS in life sciences with 2-5 years of experience in academic or industry research
- Experience in tissue-based assays such as immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
- Experience in microscopy and imaging analysis
- Proven skills in experimental design and data analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of common biological software and databases
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes experiments independently and evaluates, discusses, and presents to multidisciplinary teams in fast pace programs
- Works under general direction, but independently determines and defines approach to solutions
- Perform troubleshooting experiments to identify and solve technical issues
- Prepares protocols, technical reports and summaries.
- Serve as the technical lead scientist on a specific project.
- Presents data at group meetings and Technical Reviews